Do I call 911 for everything?

It is acceptable to call 911 for any question or concern regarding police, fire or medical emergencies. General questions regarding phone numbers, community events, weather and road closures should be directed to the appropriate agency.

How do I reach a Police Officer, Deputy or State Trooper?

By calling 911. If the officer or deputy is on duty, the dispatcher will contact them or take a message for you. If they are off duty, the dispatcher would be able to transfer you to their voicemail. You may also reach a state trooper by dialing the Michigan State Police Post 31 at (989) 495-5555.

How do I file a police report?

By calling 911 and having an officer or deputy sent to make the report. 911 dispatchers are unable to take a report over the phone.

How do I obtain a copy of a police/traffic report?

Copies of police reports are generally available 2-3 days following the filing of the report. Reports of incidents that occur in the County are available from the Sheriffs Office Records Division, (989) 839-4630. Reports of incidents that occur in the City are available from the City Police Records Division, (989) 631-5642. Under certain circumstances, there is a small fee for copies of reports.

When and where do I have my fingerprints taken?

Fingerprints are taken on Thursday mornings from 9 am until 11:00 am at the Midland Law Enforcement Center, 2727 Rodd Street, Midland, Michigan. Contact Midland City Police Records at (989) 631-5642 for questions and fee information. The County conducts CPL fingerprints on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month from noon until 4:00 pm. Questions can be directed to Midland County Sheriff Department Records at (989) 839-4630.

How do I obtain a Personal Protection Order (PPO) if someone is harassing or stalking me?

If you feel you are in danger at the present time, call 911 to have law enforcement assist you. If you are seeking a protection order, you may contact the Midland County Circuit Court at (989) 832-6735 or 301 W. Main Street, Midland, Michigan.

My vehicle has been towed. How do I find out where it is?

Your vehicle may be at All Night Towing at (989) 832-0088, Beehrs Towing at (989) 631-1377, Midstate Towing at (989) 633-8697, Kreager Towing at (989) 835-4357, or Cole's Wrecker Service at (989) 687-2214. You may need a release from the Sheriff's Office, depending on why the vehicle was towed. The wrecker company will be able to tell you if you need a release.

How do I get someone to leave my property?

For an unwanted person or someone that is trespassing, call 911 to have law enforcement assist you. However, to get a tenant or someone that has established temporary or permanent residence removed from your property, you must have them evicted. You will want to contact Midland County Circuit Court Clerk's Office at (989) 832-6735.

How do I have papers served?

The Midland County Sheriff's Office will serve legal papers for a fee. It is necessary to pay in advance for papers served by the Sheriff's Office. For questions, please contact Midland County Sheriff's Office at (989) 839-4630.

What is the law regarding car seats for children?

Children up to 25 pounds must ride facing the rear of the vehicle in an approved car restraint seat. Children 26-40 pounds and up to 4 years of age must ride in an approved car seat. It is recommended that small children be in the back seat of any vehicle containing air bags.

How do I find out if someone is in jail?

Any questions regarding inmates in jail should be directed to the Midland County Jail at (989) 832-6612 ext. 0 or by visiting 101 Fast Ice Drive, Midland, Michigan.

What is a civil standby and how do I get one?

A civil standby is requested when an individual would like to get some personal belongings from a residence where there may be a potential for violence or confrontation. Civil standbys are provided for no longer than 15-20 minutes and are designed to 'keep the peace'.Please dial 911 to speak with a law enforcement representative to schedule a civil standby.

What is 888-TELLMORE?

If a chemical emegency, tornado, flood, siren activation or another emergency event occurs, emergency responders will provide, as quickly as possible, information to you about the event and its potential effects on the community through 1-888-TELLMORE. For more detailed information, click here.

What is Nixle and how do I sign up?

Nixle is the free program where you can sign up to recieve email and text alerts from your local 911 Dispatch Center. To sign up, click here.